Papercraft

Sunflower birthday

Hello again.

Today I am sharing a card which I made a little while ago but which I haven’t blogged.

This card was made using products from my favourite company Dreamees.  I covered the blank card with paper printed from their CD Sweet Sunflowers and I found some coordinating Adorable Scoreable to use to mat and layer.  The card itself was made with Dreamees Sunflower stamp which I masked over on parts of the card and a sentiment stamp and some leaves all made using masking.  I found the correct colours in the Dreamees Dinky Inkies to colour my card in.  Once that was dry I decided to use the stitching tool and made a hand stitched border around the card to add some texture.  As lovely as machined stitching is you cannot beat a bit of hand sewing on a card.

Thank you once again for stopping by and I hope to see you here again soon.

A

Advertisements
MIxed Media

Aall and Create itac17 Challenge 2 – Asia

Hello again.

Today I am sharing this challenge post which I admit I am very behind in posting. Never mind it has to be uploaded by the end of the month so better late than never even if I am now 2 challenges behind!

I am not sure if what I have made has ticked any of the boxes.  To be honest I really am struggling with the brief and the standard of work is just infinitely better than mine.  If only I could draw things would be much easier.

This piece is made up of something which I knew I had here and I’ve actually made this into a large bookmark.  The base is made from a page of the Kaleidoscope pads by Hunkydory and which I have coloured as best as I can and folded in half to make the bookmark (secured with red line tape for extra strength).  The design itself is something which I made for A level textiles about 20 years ago when the brief was Asia! I made up a load of samples using this lettering which I took from something someone gave me from China and which is supposed to represent my Christian name.  I developed all these samples and then from there made a white silk wrap with two of these at either end, embroidered with beads.  My bestie still has it as I made a dress as well.  The design was drawn onto a piece of cotton, coloured red and then a red piece of thin satin stitched over in the design in red.  The colours have distorted over time and even though I haven’t done the greatest of jobs I have at least used something which was sat around doing nothing!

Until next time.

❤️

A