Papercraft

Tahlia

Hello and thanks once again for stopping by.

Today I am showing my final card made using the Wonky Tonk Girls range by Tracy Easson.

For this card I used Black Versafine ink on some Neenah Classic Crest Card and used Spectrum Noir Colourblend to colour the design in.  I stamped a sentiment in four corners of the design but I felt it lacked some floral adornments so I used some paper I had left over from a Dreamees project and I ran these through my Big Shot using the Tim Holtz tattered florals die.  I haven’t used this die in a long time and I really should get this out again.

I like this card but I think I could have done something else to it, you know how it is, you sit and do something and something is not quite right and you wonder where you could have improved on it.  Anyway the recipient loved it so there you go!

Thanks once again for stopping by, I look forward to your next visit

❤️

A

Advertisements
MIxed Media

Aall and Create itac17 Challenge 2 – Asia

Hello again.

Today I am sharing this challenge post which I admit I am very behind in posting. Never mind it has to be uploaded by the end of the month so better late than never even if I am now 2 challenges behind!

I am not sure if what I have made has ticked any of the boxes.  To be honest I really am struggling with the brief and the standard of work is just infinitely better than mine.  If only I could draw things would be much easier.

This piece is made up of something which I knew I had here and I’ve actually made this into a large bookmark.  The base is made from a page of the Kaleidoscope pads by Hunkydory and which I have coloured as best as I can and folded in half to make the bookmark (secured with red line tape for extra strength).  The design itself is something which I made for A level textiles about 20 years ago when the brief was Asia! I made up a load of samples using this lettering which I took from something someone gave me from China and which is supposed to represent my Christian name.  I developed all these samples and then from there made a white silk wrap with two of these at either end, embroidered with beads.  My bestie still has it as I made a dress as well.  The design was drawn onto a piece of cotton, coloured red and then a red piece of thin satin stitched over in the design in red.  The colours have distorted over time and even though I haven’t done the greatest of jobs I have at least used something which was sat around doing nothing!

Until next time.

❤️

A

Papercraft

Birthday card for my Mum part 2

As promised here is the second of the cards I made for my mother recently, this one is from my Nan and it actually gave me such a headache!

I could not get this card right at all!  I had the idea in my head but oh no the creative juice was not flowing at all!  I have used black and mirri adorable scoreable to make the most of this card. The Art Deco dies and paper are by tattered lace but I messed up the background die so many times I was going spare!  Once I had the look I was going for I was careful with my cutting and careful with the snipping and I finally got things placed.  Then I did the colouring in.  Once all that was done and glued in place. I was looking for something to make the card pop and went with my Dreamees dies and some adorable scoreable to compliment the colours in the design.  The huge bow is simply because there is a nightmare of a  mistake and I applied the mantra ” Cover the mistake with an embellishment” but it looks okay.  The daughter sentiment was from the Art Deco cut outs of Leonie Pujol’s Typography alphabet dies.

So I hope that you like this card and I’ll be back to show you some more makes in the week.  Thank you for stopping by.

❤️

A

MIxed Media

Cherry Blossom

I’m sharing another one of my MDF plaques but this time with a Japanese theme.  I decided to create something after ordering the Tattered Lace Japanese collection and the lovely papers included needed something to show them off.  I had this design in mind and had cut out the figure of Mai and coloured it in.  Then as luck would have it the latest Tattered Lace magazine popped through my door with a very apt Cherry Blossom Charisma die and some free papers for it.  It matched my design perfectly so I used the papers and made the cherry blossom to go at the top of my design.  Again once dry I sealed the design with Spray and Shine.

Thank you for stopping by again and I look forward to your next visit.

❤️

A