Bunny here is something which I should have shared ages ago but just didn’t get around to it!
Bunny is not intended as an Easter decoration but she could be displayed at Easter and I could have designed it with more of an Easter theme.
I chose pink and green as it is a colour combination that I do not usually use and I think I have dine a pretty good job on this. Apart from the pink flowers which were pre made and in my stash everything you see here is by my favourite craft company Dreamees. I have so many of their products and I do not fail to use them week in week out and the quality is fantastic.
I stuck the paper on the MDF and embossed the MDF before I put it all together and made sure that the pieces were secure before they were added to the base. Once the base was secure I added the flowers which I made from left over pieces of paper I had used on the flower-pot. I was careful not to overdo the flowers on the base. I finished the flower-pot off with some lace. This was the last thing I did as it was looking bare and needed a little something. I hope you like it.
Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to your next visit.
Bookfolding. You may have seen it and I happened to come across a demonstration on Create and Craft and as lovely as the makes looked I did think they looked a little too complex and fiddly for me, and possibly a little time-consuming. I did have a look online and there are plenty of patterns but most you pay for. Not something you want to do if you are not sure if you can manage the patterns. Not long later a pattern was made available on a group I belong to and I printed it out and decided to have a go.
It’s a different craft and I have to say the finished effect is very nice but I am not sure if it’s a craft that I will be indulging in, although the free pattern I have kept and I will use it again if I am asked. Where I have made mistakes I’ve carefully hidden them…ahem..
Talk about being busy. Birthdays all at once and no time to add my latest projects to the blog!! So here we go, the first of a number of posts showcasing what I have been up to recently.
For once I have made something for myself! The vast majority of my work I give away, but this was something I liked and decided to go for it and I am really pleased with the colours and the whole finish.
I loved the Craftwork Cards Scrumptious Paper Pad and made a feature of some of the elements of the paper. The basic board I painted in Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint by Paper Artsy in Ice Blue and Spanish Mulberry for the centre notice board. I took a favourite piece of the Scrumptious paper and decoupaged elements of it which I then mounted onto a piece of mulberry cardstock and then onto the notice board. To give the paper some strength I coated it with Claudine Hellmuth’s multi medium. It’s such a shame you can’t see the decoupage because the 3D effect is lovely.
Next up I cut out lots of pretty flowers and stuck them randomly over the board, securing them with the multi medium and then when that was dry adding some pretty acrylic diamonds and sparkles here and there. Whilst I was waiting for this to dry I found some chipboard ampersands which I thought would nice. I painted these with the Fresco Finish and when dry applied a lot of Glossy Accents.
The top of the board was looking a little sorry for itself so I thought I’d make a sunflower feature using the pieces of the scrumptious paper. This Spellbinders Die Is one of my personal favourites and I have used it so many times to brighten up little gift boxes. Its unusual but pretty all the same.
To finish the notice board I had some pretty lace ribbon (if you can call it lace ribbon) and secured that. I pinched some clothes pegs and decorated them with flowers and sparkles.
The notice board is now on my wall above my computer desk and I use it for my reminders and appointment cards, although Vik the Viking seems to have made himself at home on there are well (he’s the little Viking figure I bought in Copenhagen whilst “on tour”)