I thought it was appropriate that I share this card today. I finished this over the weekend and I really like it. I took an 8×8 inch base card and I stamped around the edge using two of the Daffodils found in the Hunkydory For The Love Of Stamps – Daffodils in the Sun – set. I set these aside the make sure the ink was dry and for me to colour in with everything else. I cut a piece of watercolour card 7.5×7.5 inches and using the Hunkydory set For The Love of Stamps – You’re So Sweet, I stamped vases on the base of the card and also a line of hearts using another stamp from that set. I then combined the use of a stamping mask and the stamps built up the daffodils. Once they were all dry I then set about colouring them in using my Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils. Once they were dried I cut a 7.75×7.75 piece of Orange Adorable Scoreable and matted the image onto this before placing on the main card. The orange is just to bring out the centre of the daffodils. I know this sounds rather odd coming from me but I really like what I have accomplished here and even though this card won’t be used today I may sell it or just keep it for a time that seems appropriate.
Here’s what I used to make the card.
- Card base Hunkydory
- Stamps – For the Love of Stamps by Hunkydory (daffodils in the Sun and You’re So Sweet)
- Watercolour card – Sheena Douglass for Crafters Companion
- Spectrum Noir Aquablend pencils – Primaries – Parakeet, Bright Green.
- Spectrum Noir Aquablend pencils -Florals- Pineapple, Persimmon, Papaya
- Spectrum Noir Aquablend pencils -Naturals – Oregano, Kiwi, Sky Blue, Cobalt Blue, lagoon, Aqua
- Adorable Scoreable in an orange tone to mat the image
So thank you for popping by the blog again and I hope you will do so again soon.