Sister

image

Hello again

I am sharing an MDF tag which I made the other week.  This was something I had left with just the craftwork cards paper stuck on it.  It took the arrival of my Dreamees stamps for me to get some inspiration. I made 3 different sized flowers and set them aside to colour later. I looked through my word tiles and realised I had enough tiles go spell Sister and I went with that.  I put some pink on them and then decided on the colours I wanted to put on the flowers before putting some acrylic stones in the centre. I finished the tag off with some pink ribbon from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by and please call by again soon

❤️

A

Friend

image

Hello and thanks for stopping by again.

Today I’m showing the MDF plaque which I made and will probably give as a gift.

This was sitting around covered with paper for a little while before I knew what I was going to do with it, then I received the Dreamees stamps and knew I would make some flowers and see how it went from there. The letter tiles are from The Works and I gave them a shot of colour as the brown colour seemed harsh.

The hanger is made from red ribbon. To hide the knot holding it in place I made some bows with the same ribbon so I stuck these into place with some hot glue – securing the ribbon for handing and hiding the glue.

Thank you again for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.

❤️

A

Live Laugh Love

Hi!

Today I am sharing a project which I loved doing and which didn’t take much time to do. I am also thrilled with the result and it’s now in the gift box as this is destined for a friend for Christmas.

imageThis started out life as a kit which I fell in love with on Craft TV.  All I had to do was make it. I chose to use the papers which were included in the kit as they were of the highest quality AND not ones which I would have chosen myself.

I started off by painting the sentiment white but hated it and changed it to black. It stood out much more and with the white in the paper it would have distracted too much. Whilst that was drying I traced the frame on the back of the paper side I wished to use (the papers come double-sided). I cut the frame out and using Modge Podge I stuck it down and smoothed it with the trusty retired  tea towel and then left that to dry. Next was the pallet base.  The instructions (I call them destructions because you just never know do you), said that you needed to measure the 3 slats.  This was easy as they were precise measurements and therefore the cutting was easy.  Again I stuck the paper down with Modge Podge and left to dry.

With MDF I leave things to dry for a few hours, it never normally takes that long to dry but I like to leave it.  I layered up my design but I felt that it was too plain so taking one of the enclosed papers I did some fussy cutting of some flowers and placed them around my design.  Once I was happy with the placement I used the modge podge and stuck them, smoothing them with the towel.   The papers are of such a high quality that they look as if they are part of the design. I was so pleased with the way they look.  Finally I took my hot glue gun and I stuck my whole piece together, and the result you see is what I finished with.

Thank you again for stopping by and I hope you’ll visit me again soon

❤️

A

 

Destiny

Today I’m sharing my latest make using a box I bought for £1 in The Works and papers and embellishments from one of my all time favourite collections – Verity Rose by Crafters Companion.  This time I’ve chosen to use papers from Destiny.

So this is the box.  As you can see, pretty basic but an opportunity to decorate any way which you want.

image

Firstly I drew around the base of the box onto the back of my chosen paper and using my pencil labelled which side was which, before I cut them out. Then after making sure they didn’t need any more trimming I applied some modge podge to the box and the paper and put it in place. When gluing anything I always use an old tea towel to smooth thing down as it picks up any residue and let’s me apply some pressure. (All old full of holes tea cloths are kept for me to craft with). I left this to dry before gluing another side.

Once all my sides (including the bottom and the lid) were glued in place I used the coordinating Verity Rose lace to make a trim and bow. At this point I felt that the lid lacked something so where the lid joined the base and exposed the bare MDF I used a Poppy coloured Promarker to gently colour in and give an extra something.

I used the topper packs to make little decoupaged images around 3 sides but on the front I used two of the Verity Rose charms to give it some more dimension.

Looking at the box I felt that the lid needed something so I used a die I’d had free with Crafters Inspiration Issue 7 which was a Sheena Douglass poppy die and I created a simple die using the left over papers. I then finished it off with a dash of the Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen in clear.

And here is the finished result.

image

 

Such a pretty little box and my niece loves it but I’m keeping this to display at a craft fayre and if someone wants it then I’ll sell it.

Thank you for looking at my blog today and I hope you’ll visit again soon.

❤️

A