General birthday card


Hello again!

The jury remains out on this card, and if I am honest I am not sure if I like this myself. I covered an 8×8 card with a base layer of black and then cut a piece of Hunkydory adorable scoreable. I used a Tonic die and stamp for the sentiment and then…well I had absolutely no idea what to do so I covered the card in craftwork cards flowers and….yes well…I’m really not sure I like it!!

More posts coming soon.


Folk floral heart


Hello again.

Today I am sharing a card I made from the Docrafts paper kit Folk Floral. This is a really pretty pack and I was spoilt for choice how to use it. I decided on an easel card as I had that style of card blank here.

i started by covering the standing base of my card with matching card stock I found in my stash. Then I took a piece of the paper I wanted to use and covered the base of my card. With what was left I put it on the plain cardstock to make it coordinate. The hearts are from a sheet in this pack too and I decoupaged some of it for effect. Another piece of paper had a lovely set of sentiments and another sheet had matching designs so I cut these out and put them at the bottom of my card. To make the easel card stay up, I used a row of card Candi which matched the colour of the heart. I also used the Candi to accent the standing card.

I am really pleased with this card as its clean and simple.

Thanks for stopping by and please pop by again soon.


Tatty Twinkles – Grace


Okay I confess I am not happy with this one because to me I think there is something very wrong with it. I love the design and the flowers but I cannot put my finger on what is wrong, flowers, colours, placement, whether it needs anything else. I know some people love what I do but don’t always like something. I think I need to revisit this stamp in the coming weeks and see what I can do to improve .

Catch you all again soon


Tatty Twinkles – Dreams


Today I am sharing a birthday card which ended up given to my niece’s best friend for her birthday,although I did correct the mess on the top right hand corner before I gave it to her!!

This card was a little different for me this time as I decided to use some of my Martha Stewart “around the page” punches for this design. I coloured the design in and various sentiments in various shades of pink and then black.  I cut them out before adding the nuvo crystal drops where I needed them.  I set these aside to dry.

I made the base of the card using my go to black card and the Hunkydory Adorable Scoreable which I have recently fallen in love with. The all around the page punch I used on my black card and layered it over the pink.  I then went to edge the pink and even though the corners took, the other punches didn’t so I ended up fiddling to make a funky base for the sentiments and ribbon (made with the bowmaker) . I added the sentiments and ribbon and my dried design which then hid the mistakes!!! I added some more embellishments on the side and finished off adding the crystal drops and didn’t realise I’d nuked one until I went to move it to the “drying area” (posh name for a place by the front door which I put my drying projects) so I added more.

I really like the way I made this card, and I know it was loved when she opened it.

Thanks for stopping by and please stop by again soon.


Tatty Twinkles – Shoes


Hello again.  Today I am sharing my first make using this Tatty Twinkles stamp. This was a completely experimental piece for me as I never ever shade my card before or after stamping but I did this time.

I used she Tim Holtz Distress ink to colour my background before inking the stamp. I was in a red and black mode for some reason so I used some Hunkydory Adorable Scorable as my base and worked the colours from that. I cut out some images from the set to use as embellishments and I chose some red ribbon to highlight the sentiment. I literally winged it with the border and I’m thrilled with it. Sometimes winging it works, sometimes it doesn’t but I’ve been lucky with this make. Even though I have been making cards for about 14 years I haven’t had the confidence to experiment until the last 2 years.