Today I am sharing the canvas that I made as a gift for my friend’s Silver Wedding Anniversary. She doesn’t like fussy but she does like something which is unusual and classy. Having recently made some canvases I stuck to that idea and also decided that I’d stay away from using their names and date of their marriage so it was different. I guess you could say less is more.
I used two colours of Paper Artsy Acrylic Paint for the base, using a wide piece of masking tape to separate the colour, it didn’t take long to dry so I could easily apply a second coat for coverage.
I had some Kaisercraft paper left over from my previous canvas projects so I used this to make my lettering. I decided to cut 3 corners using a spellbinders die but it didn’t look very nice so I used another colour, cut out another three and used these as a shade and even though you cannot see these on the canvas they look really nice.
The largest piece on the canvas is the rose which I cut out using the Spellbinders Create a Rose Die I used plain white card and then hand coloured the rose petals in two shades of Promarkers and the effect was lovely and I was ever so pleased, with the effect. That rose became the 4th corner of my project and I have to say it looked lovely and my friend was thrilled with it. I hope you like what I made.
The materials I used were as follows
- Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint in Vintage Lace and Moonlight
- Promarkers in Lavender and soft Mauve
- Kaisercraft paper “Flattered” from the Key to My Heart collection
Thank you for visiting my blog and please stop by again soon.
This is a card which I meant to share a while back but as I have been short on blog posts lately I thought that I would share this with you now.
I hadn’t used this threefold card before and I actually really enjoyed creating the card using a stamp set I have had for ages and never used. It has created a nice effect. The full rose which is in the centre was coloured in using 3 promarkers only. It is mounted on some kaisercraft card and then kaisercraft paper which was in my stash from another project. The single rose is used and repeated and layered. It looked very pretty.
The front of the card used the same paper and I used the single rose as “anchors” for the ribbon to tie nicely in the centre and with it being an engagement card I used a charm I found in my stash. The effect I loved and even though it looks a lot of hard work it really wasn’t that complicated.
Well here we are again and this should be the first of some regular posts.
I was asked to make a wedding card with a Welsh sentiment on the front. I used a stamp by Wild Rose Studios and coloured this in with promarkers, and some distress markers. I found some lovely embossed card in my stash and found two very similar colours and so I used these to mount the card on and there was enough for me to use on the base of the card, with it just showing I then managed to find some card candi which matched the colours I had used for it gave the card a splash of colour without going over the top. That finished the image off nicely and I glossed the candi using Glossy accents.
I hope you like it and come back to the blog again soon
The following products were used to make the card:-
Stamp by Wild Rose studios
Promarkers :-, Satin, cool grey 2, cool grey 4, ivory, apple, buttercup
Distress markers:- black soot, worn lipstick, picket fence.
Card base by Hunky dory
Coloured card stock from personal stash, brand unknown